Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dear Mom and Dad


Dear Mom and Dad

I write this to give you, special respect. I celebrate your lives, your commitment and how you have raised me to reach my potential. I pay tribute to and honor you as my parents.

Thank you for bringing me into this world, that I may have all the experiences of life. The adventures I have had were some of the happiest momenta to some of the saddest. My happiness is founded on all kinds of life stories.

Thank you for our home. It not only provided a roof over my head but a shelter, a protection and a defense from the assaults of the world. In our home, I had the clothing and the nourishment for both body and spirit. I never went without. I was happy.

Thank you for sharing the gospel with me. The teachings of the Savior have sunk deep into my soul. I’ve come to know the joys, the grace and the salvation of the gospel. The gospel is teaching me how to develop a countenance that shows the image of Savior, the image that I can see in both of you.

Thank you for your examples. You have shown me the proper way to instruct, to discipline and most of all, you have demonstrated unconditional Love. I’ve felt your love always, even to this very day.

Thank you for serving in your callings with stoutheartedness, with faithfulness and great courage. You have inspired me. I can see that I can accomplish things that will bring me to greater heights.

Thank you for helping me see the right from wrong. You have taught me to choice the right and now I can feel true blessedness from choosing the right.

Thank you for the unforgettable cakes and calibration on my birthdays. Dad gave the pitch, some singing out of tune, and some not quite the right words, but what I heard was an angelic choir saying “we are gland that you were born”. Singing happy birthday showed me how you have always felt about me. I will forever more know that I am important.
All these things I will share with my children. I will teach them the principles that you have taught me. They will bring a legacy that generations will live, because of you.

I want to be like you. I will hold up the standards that you have held up, I will live that lessons that you have lived, and I will represent our God like you have represented our God.
I cheer and rejoice with delight because my life is so much more manageable and meaningful. You have inspired, encouraged and loved me. Thank you. I love you.

Forever
Christian

3 comments:

jillysunflower said...

Very good Ode to your parents.

Sean said...

I too am greatful for our parents. Even though we had one bathroom between all 13 of us (parents included), a small kitchen, and all 5 (5 at that time) of us boys shared a bedroom, the family bond we had made that all seem natural. the feelings I share are best expressed in your blog. I love it. Keep posting.

Mellissa said...

I just found out you had a blog. What a great tribute to mom and dad. I often wonder if what I am doing as a mother is enough. If I receive a tribute like that from my children when they have grown and gone, I will know that I did enough.